Sunday, February 16, 2014

Starting Over

Wow.....its been a year since I posted anything. A crappy job will do that to you.


Enough about the past.


2014 Topps


I have read numerous other blogs with opinions about the cards and I will give mine.


Base- not at all bad looking, the "down the right side team name" is too much like the Bowman cards
Gold- same old, same old...... how many years in a row now
Red Target and Blue Walmart- I like it and have no idea why
Red Hot Foil- I rather the green from last year, looks too much like the Target cards
Yellow and Green- the A's cards are outstanding..... other than that just 2 more colors in Topps idea of a rainbow
Power Players- another year, another gimmick
SP'S- different pictures like last year is fine, but having to examine every card for a sparkle, come on




89 Topps Minis- really, die cuts of this.....to be kind, not good
Upper Class- everytime I see this listed, I think Upper Deck....not happening for me
Future is Now- another excuse to add 3 more cards of certain players
Super Veterans- like the idea, would have loved it if they did NOT use gold foil
All-Rookie Cup Team- again, another excuse.....also hate the grey coloring
50 Years of the Draft- nice idea, nice look to them, kinda reminds me of the early 80's look of draft pick cards but better feel than the cardboard ones


Overall, I actually like this product..... but waiting for Bowman to come out


That's my opinions


Always looking for Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, Dallas Cowboys, and Dallas Stars


Thanks for looking




2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Nice review of 2014 Topps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're a Dallas fan? I can probably find you some Cowboys and Mavericks if you can find me some Braves, Panthers or Bobcats...

    ReplyDelete